T Levels are new courses which follow GCSEs and are equivalent to 3 A levels. These 2-year courses, have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares students for work, further training or study.
T Levels offer students a mixture of classroom learning and ‘on-the-job’ experience during an industry placement of at least 315 hours (approximately 45 days).
T Levels are designed by employers! Get a head start in your career whilst learning and developing the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to work within industry or progress to higher level study.
Applications are now open for entry in September 2022. If you would like to make an application now, please click here
Who are they aimed at?
Students can study T-Levels after GCSEs and is equivalent to studying three A Levels.
They are aimed at advanced students (at least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 including English Language and Maths) who are aged 16-18 and recognise their strong interest for a technical industry.
Why should I study T Levels?
– To develop practical skills, knowledge and behaviours that show you are occupationally competent
– To apply theory in real workplace settings
– To combine classroom learning (80%) with on-the-job employment experience (20%)
– To pursue a high-quality technical route into skilled employment, further study or higher/degree apprenticeships
What will I Learn?
T levels will be delivered in specially designed classrooms that mirror a working environment in their industry (for approximately 80% of their time). The remaining 20% of their time will be spend on an industry placement with an employer.
What about the placement?
– Minimum 45 days
– Undertaken with an external employer
– Enables you to develop technical skills and apply them in a workplace environment
Read the full FAQ here:
– Skilled employment
– Higher academic education (you will gain UCAS points through T Levels)
– Higher level apprenticeships
An externally-set exam at the end of each academic year to test your understanding of the subject
A skill-assessment to demonstrate your competency skills. Whilst on work placement, you will be set a project by your employer that you must successfully complete to demonstrate your overall breadth of learning.
Courses starting in September 2022
Engineering & Manufacturing
Specialising in Maintenance Engineering Technologies: Mechanical