Employers and universities want people who are self-motivated, independent and skilled.
Croydon College will support you by developing your skills, helping you to become a self-motivated student, able to apply yourself to different situations, to solve problems and be successful.
During your time at College you can expect to experience different styles of learning and a variety of teaching methods and assessment.
You can expect lessons to take many different forms – whole-group classes, group work, individual research and practical sessions. Lessons are designed to be interactive, so you are expected to contribute to them. The more you put into your learning, the more you will get out of it!
All your lecturers will be well qualified, with a variety of educational and industrial experience. They will be up-to-date in their subject areas and they will prepare relevant and topical resource materials to use during their teaching.
As a student at Croydon College, you can expect to experience:
- Discussions and debates: where the whole group or smaller groups discuss a topic.
- Practical demonstrations: where the lecturer/other group members carry out practical activities.
- Using technology: a range of technology is available to help you manage your studies, we put a world of valuable resources at your fingertips.
- Lectures: a formal session with the lecturer (or students) delivering the appropriate theory/content.
- Questions and answer sessions: where students ask (or answer) questions from, or to, the lecturer/other group members.
At Croydon College we have a wide range of support services available to ensure your time is enjoyable, smooth and as trouble-free as possible.
Start your journey with Croydon College
As one of the largest providers of Apprenticeships in South London, we are delighted that Croydon Council won two awards in the prestigious London Borough Apprenticeship Awards 2020 on Friday 11 September. The council won Best Work with the Supply Chain and Local...