What are cookies?
Cookies are packets of data sent between a user’s web browser (e.g. Firefox or IE) and the server which is hosting the website being visited. There are various types of cookies used for a variety of functions covering:
- User sessions – Tracking website usage in an anonymous form e.g. Google Analytics
- Authentication – When logging into a member area on a website
- User’s preferences – Saving language settings when visiting an international website
- Shopping cart contents – Storing items in a basket as the user continues shopping
Cookies cannot identify you personally. You can find more information about cookies and learn how to manage them yourself at:www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we use them
Below are details as to the cookies used in the Croydon College website. If you require any further information, please contact ushere.
First party cookies
These cookies help us to manage your preferences, e.g. text size.
|CFID||A random generated number||Persistent (until user deletes it)|
|CFTOKEN||A random generated alphanumeric piece of text||Persistent (until user deletes it)|
|Floathide||Numeric value||Session Cookie|
|pixl8-font-size||Alphanumeric piece of text||1 year|
The cookies described above provide session functionality that can be used to/for:
- Member log in
- Page redirect after member logged in
- Store member details after logged in
- Store forum details
- Store event booking details
- Store course booking details
- Store shopping cart details
- Store preside edit mode details
- Store blog details
Third Party Cookies
The cookies in the table below are set by the Google analytics tool for improving service. These allow Croydon College to accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website, volumes of usage and ensure that the website is available and that Croydon College understand what you want to use.
|_utma||A randomly generated number (Non personal data)||2 years|
|_utmb||A randomly generated number (Non personal data)||30 minutes|
|_utmc||A randomly generated number (Non personal data)||When you close your browser|
|_utmz||A randomly generated number and information on how the site was reached (e.g. direct or via a link, organic search or paid search)||6 months|
Start your journey with Croydon College
The government has said that many exams and assessments cannot be held fairly this year as a result of the disruption students have faced due to the pandemic. Your teachers will instead submit grades to the exam boards, based on their assessment of what you have shown...