Croydon College are delighted to be sponsoring the COVID-19 Business Commitment to Education, Training & Skills category at the Croydon Business Resilience Awards 2021.
This year’s awards will recognise and celebrate the resilience and success of Croydon’s businesses over the past 12 months. Businesses across the borough are invited to apply to the free and easy to enter awards categories – one of which is sponsored by World of Work at Croydon College.
The category we are sponsoring recognises employers who have created jobs and training opportunities throughout the pandemic and continue to do so, supporting the borough’s bounce-back from COVID-19.
They may have:
- Retained staff by pivoting their business model to work from home
- Been able to hire new staff despite the COVID-19 restrictions
- Offered existing staff upskilling opportunities
- Invested in apprenticeships and work experience during lockdown
- Become involved in employment-support schemes such as Kickstart which have emerged from the pandemic
- Offered tangible support such as mentoring, employability skills (CV writing, mock interviews), work experience and routes to employment for people of all ages
- Embraced new technology to support staff
- Have a strategy to continue investing in people beyond the pandemic
Fadia Clarke, Vice Principal: Training, Skills and HE said, “We are pleased to be supporting the Croydon Business Resilience Awards as a sponsor of the COVID-19 Business Commitment to Education, Training and Skills category. After what has been a challenging year for Croydon businesses, it’s important to shine a light on how employers have supported their staff through this time by pivoting, upskilling and investing in their teams. We’re looking forward to seeing the entries in this category and recognising businesses from across the borough.”
Businesses have until Friday 2 July to submit their entries before the public vote takes place – the deadline for this is Friday 27 August.
For general information about the awards please visit www.croydonawards.co.uk.