From the 1-15 December, Croydon College School of Arts students opened up a pop-up shop in which they showcased and sold their work to students, colleagues and members of the public. Overall, the shop made an amazing £773 in sales! 90% of the proceeds went straight to students, with the remaining 10% going towards the equipment bought.

Art and Design Level 1 students manned the shop as part of their work experience during the last week before the college broke up for Christmas. For some students, this was the first time they had sold their work commercially, so they will be very pleased to receive their money!

Level 3 Art and Design students took also took part in the shop with their Make 10 Sell 9 project. It gave them experience in curating, professionalism, and what they need to do to be successful in selling their art. Fashion students and photography students also participated.

This was a great opportunity to help students experience a real life shop environment, which helped their understanding of the processes involved in selling and the importance of the hard work that is needed to make it a success.

Music students performed on the first day to draw other students in, while art students handed out flyers in the canteen and outside the college to draw people in. The flyers were designed by Foundation Art students.

Overall, it was a great team effort from the department and a very successful experience for both students and customers

If you’re interested in studying creative arts, check out courses.

Latest News & Updates

Croydon College Students Take Part in FE Maths Challenge

Croydon College Students Take Part in FE Maths Challenge

Croydon College is proud to announce that Entry 1 and Level 2 maths students will be taking part in MEI’s Further Education (FE) Maths Challenge. This competition is designed for post-16 students working towards gaining a Functional Skills maths qualification or...

read more
Cut Down on Price, Not on Style

Cut Down on Price, Not on Style

Look stylish by getting your hair cut at our barbering salon based at Croydon College. Support our students develop their craft whilst making you look sharp at the same time. Our barbering prices include: £6.00 - Cuts including beard trim £7.00 - Cuts including beard...

read more
Free Adult Courses with Croydon College

Free Adult Courses with Croydon College

Do you want to learn flexibly, from home, at hours that suit you? Then our wide range of Online Distance Learning courses at Croydon College, supported remotely by our expert tutors, could be just what you're looking for. Our range of courses includes:- Health and...

read more