Job Title: Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship
Employer: Abbeyfield’s Homes – Westall House
Apprenticeship Standard: Property Maintenance Operative Level 2
What you’ll be doing:
Provide a repair, maintenance (and if necessary grounds keeping role) so that the House or Home is maintained to a good standard of repair, and the grounds are kept neat and tidy.
You’ll be responsible for:
- All repairs are carried out effectively and quickly, and to a good standard.
- Work is carried out safely, with adherence to relevant building and construction related regulations.
- Readily identifiable issues are reported and addressed to minimise impact, risk and damage
- Grounds and gardens are kept neat and tidy.
- To complete and maintain the day to day repairs and maintenance of the building and its environment. This will include painting and decoration to residents’ rooms (rented only).
- To keep the grounds and garden tidy.
- Complete checks and minor maintenance to all specified equipment on a regular basis.
- To contact nominated contractors for repairs and servicing as agreed with the Manager.
- To place orders for related items and equipment as required.
- To undertake routine testing within policy and procedure for water, fire checks and relevant health & safety polices.
- Check all lighting, including residents’ rooms, and lighting inside and outside the Home. Replace bulbs and report any electrical faults to the Manager.
- To ensure all relevant documentation is kept up to date and completed.
- To assist in cyclical carpet cleaning with housekeeping staff.
- Clear snow and spread salt when necessary.
- Clean light fittings, test lighting systems weekly, replacing parts such as motors, bulbs, diffusers, fuse
- Clear blockages in toilets, sinks and clean up any spillages
- Clear laundry filters / kitchen grease traps
- Report any emergencies to Property Services
- Void work – decorating, removal of fixtures and fittings and making good to surfaces
- Minor adjustments to windows, doors, restrictors and door closers
- Bleeding of radiators
- Be proactive in reporting faults and repair requirements
- Any other reasonably requested works
- To maintain the day to day repairs and maintenance of the buildings and their environment
- To ensure strict confidentiality in all matters
- Understand and observe all relevant regulations and Abbeyfield policies and procedures.
- Good general property maintenance knowledge and skills.
- Experience in providing maintenance services to other clients.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people.
- To be able to read and write to a good standard, and computer literate.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety and trade regulations.
- Ability to assess and manage risk.
- Access to own tools and supplies.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Own transport or willingness to travel