Job Title: Learning and Development Trainer
Employer : Dial A Flight
Apprenticeship Standard : Learning and Development Practitioner Level 3
Location : Southview House, 252 High Street, Croydon, CR0 1NF
Who we are:
DialAFlight have been trading for over 42 years and with sales offices across the country, are one of the UKs most successful independent travel companies. We offer tailor-made holidays including flights, accommodation, car hire and additional ground arrangements worldwide to both corporate and leisure clients. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service, our Trustpilot reviews, and 5* ratings say it all. We believe in building lasting relationships and delivering on our promises. We are dynamic and are industry leaders with our in-house booking platform and innovative training.
Learning & Development Trainer – Apprentice
Do you want to further your career in a thriving business that recognises talented and passionate people are the key driving force behind the success of their business? We have a great opportunity to join one of the country’s most exciting and innovative travel companies as a Learning & Development Trainer. Learn and develop your own skills and make an impact on the new and existing talent in the company as part of the Learning & Development team.
The primary base is the Croydon office, centrally located, just 10 minutes from East Croydon station, and in the summer of 2022, we will be relocating to our stunning new purpose built building in Shirley, however, the L&D trainers are expected to be available to work in all our four locations on occasion.
Main purposes of job:
- To design and deliver the induction training course in sales and our cutting edge travel booking platform.
- Design and deliver group and individual training courses on varied subjects, remotely and in a classroom environment.
- Mentor new and existing staff.
- Sales coaching for new and existing staff.
- Learn and coach a variety of subjects using different training platforms and systems.
- Identify training needs and implement solutions.
- Deliver constructive feedback.
Skills and Experience:
- Whilst travel Industry experience is not essential, a comprehensive knowledge of geography is.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written skills.
- Excellent numeracy.
- Good computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft teams, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to develop lasting relationships at all levels of the business.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly and must have good attention to detail.
- A passion for people and understanding of different personality types.
Salary and Benefits:
The Learning & Development Trainer Apprentice salary is £25,000.
Benefits including, Travel Insurance, Cycle to work scheme, Season ticket loan scheme, Discounted rates on flights/accommodation/car hire/tours, Health assured programme including 24hour helpline, comprehensive and ongoing training and mentoring.