Job Title : ICT Apprentice
Location :270 Sutton Common Rd, Sutton SM3 9PS
Position type : Information Communication Apprentice
To provide technical and software support to a busy secondary school and partner primary schools.
Under the direction of the Network Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Acting as first point of contact for IT issues.
- Supporting the management and maintenance of the school networks.
- Maintaining computers, Whiteboard and projectors.
- Installing and maintaining software systems as required.
- Stock control and upkeep of related records and inventory.
- Supporting staff and pupils during lesson as required.
- Maintaining internet access, websites used and permissions granted
- Maintaining user accounts across systems
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software and end user problems.
- Supervising and running the connection to the Internet.
- Managing and developing the use of IPads including related apps that support learning in the schools
- Undertaking periodic safety checks on equipment and materials, reporting findings to Network Manager.
- Working with teachers to develop IT skills across the curriculum
- Managing anti-virus software
- The successful candidate will be required to attend training courses as appropriate including in-house training.
- Carry out other duties of a similar nature from time to time as maybe required by the Headteacher.