Job Title: Finance Apprentice
Employer : The Manor Trust
Apprenticeship Standard : Assistant Accountant Technician Level 3
Location : Kensington Avenue, Thornton Heath, CR7 8BT
Purpose of Job
To support the efficient functioning of the college financial matters relating to all college accounts/funds, Petty Cash and other college monies.
- 1. Assisting the Finance Officers with all finance related duties such as;
- Cash handling, processing, and reconciling the petty cash and staff expenses
- Processing invoices and BACS payments
- Managing the college accounts such as trip, taking payments, recording trips information and reconciling all accounts at the end of each month
- Processing lettings invoices and chasing payments for hires
- Issuing monthly budget reports to budget holders
- Supporting the month and year-end processes
2. Responsible for all cash and cheques received, issuing of receipts where appropriate
3. Creating orders, finding new deals and suppliers that represents best value for money
4. Chasing authorisation from senior managers and teachers
5. Responsible for the finance inboxes, including responding to and actioning emails, printing invoices and filing in correct sub-folders
6. Responsible for the photocopy recharging to departments
7. Admin responsibilities such as dealing with the post, filing, printing, photocopying and scanning documents into the shared drives and checking delivery notes.
8. Liaise with the Finance Manager on a weekly basis, bringing to her attention any relevant information relating to college finance.
- To commit to the school performance management programme, reviewing your own contribution to the organisation and participating in CPD as required to meet the requirements of your job role and meet legislative requirements.
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- This job description is not exhaustive and staff are expected to undertake any other reasonable tasks as requested by the Headteacher, SBM or Line Manager.
- Good ICT skills, including the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to work accurately with figures
- Ability to organise workload effectively and act on own initiative
- Ability to analyse and resolve problems
- Ability to use IT effectively