Post Title: Assistant Cook
Employer : Step Academy Trust
Location : La Fontaine Academy, Nightingale Lane, Bromley, BR1 2SQ
Apprenticeship Standard : Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship
General kitchen duties to assist in the production and serving of meals in academy and maintaining a high
standard of kitchen hygiene.
Key Areas for Decision Making:
- Ordering, stock and portion control in association with management.
- The keeping of various stock records related to the duties of the post.
- Follow the catering rota in an effective manner.
- Deciding when and how to clean spillages and accidents in the safest and most appropriate way to maintain the highest levels of hygiene
- This will involve:
- The cooking of traditional and light meals.
- Service of food to children and academy staff.
- Washing dinner trays/cutlery either by hand or machine.
- Cleaning of equipment, surfaces and floors.
- Basic food preparation such as salads and sandwiches.
- Use of kitchen machinery, after appropriate training.
- Attending training sessions, possibly outside usual working day.
- Moving of furniture/food trolleys.
- Ordering stock.
- Promoting service in the academy & participating in special events.
- Deputising for manager.
STEP Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this
Maintain a commitment to your own professional development. Be aware of changing employment
legislation, new developments and innovations through the use of publications, internet and other resources.
Stay informed about relevant changes and emerging themes within the sector.