Job Title: Business Support Apprentice
Employer: St Nicholas School
Apprenticeship Standard: Business Administrator Level 3
Location: Reedham Drive, Purley, CR8 4DS
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- To undertake routine reception duties, to include answering enquiries, visitor checks and sign in.
- Answer the telephone professionally and politely.
- Liaise with members of the public, students and staff regarding school-related enquiries.
- To ensure pupils are signed in upon arrival and that all pupils sign out if they leave during the school day.
- To check off deliveries of educational and administrative equipment against delivery notes.
- Provide general clerical and administrative support including photocopying, filing, routine correspondence, use of ICT packages such as word, excel, email and SIMS.
- Assist with the updating of pupil information on SIMS.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- Appreciate and support the work of other professionals.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings.
- Provide support to the School Business Leader, Finance Officer and Administrative Officer as required in order to fulfil learning and successful completion of apprenticeship.
- Compliance with all necessary policies and procedures relating to child protection, equality and diversity, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- To keep up to date with Apprenticeship studies and inform Business Leader if there are any issues.
The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade.
Details and emphasis are subject to amendment and revision in the light of the changing needs of St Nicholas School. This will always be in consultation with the post holder and any additional training needs identified and discussed with the post holder’s line manager.