Mode of study:
This qualification is for learners aged pre-16 and above and is suitable for use within a Study Programme. This qualification aims to help support the learner’s personal development through acquiring skills and knowledge in sport, exercise and fitness. The qualification also allows learners to gain personal transferable skills that can be applied to the workplace or further study.
• Focus on the study of the sport within the leisure sector
• Offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge
• Provide opportunities to acquire a number of practical and technical skills.
• Gain an understanding of the sport, exercise and leisure vocational sector
study areas of particular interest
• Encourage learners to adopt a fitter and healthier lifestyle.
Career Opportunities & Further Study
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• NCFE Level 2 Certificate/Diploma in Sport
• NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
• NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing
• NCFE Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Practices for Coaching Sport
• NCFE Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership
To achieve the NCFE Level 1 Certificate in Sport, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes of the units as detailed in this qualification specification. Learners can achieve a pass, merit, distinction or distinction* for this qualification
This qualification is designed for learners aged 16-18 who wish to develop skills and knowledge in sport. The qualification may be taken by pre-16 learners following a vocational education programme and by learners aged 19+ who are looking to change careers, or are interested in developing their knowledge of sport. There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved an Entry Level qualification.
How To Apply
Use the below link to apply for the above course.