Mode of Study:
Facilities Management impacts on the vast majority of individuals and organisations across the UK and adds value through a highly skilled workforce creating efficiencies in service delivery and implementation.
This apprenticeship prepares an individual for managing a facilities management service, or a group of services, which can be labelled as ‘hard’ (estate/building management) or soft (catering/cleaning/administration/security). All apprentices will be required to supervise others; to understand the contractual requirements and service delivery targets between their employing organisation and the client/customer in order to achieve service targets. The apprentice will have to provide customer service skills and be proactive in finding solutions to problems.
Typical job roles
Facilities Management Supervisors, Facilities Management Coordinators and Facilities Management Administrators
Knowledge & Skills
Full competence for a Facilities Management Supervisor, Facilities Management Administrator, Facilities Management Coordinators will be demonstrated by delivery and understanding of
- Facilities Management within the context of the employing organisation (Hard Facilities Management, Soft Facilities Management, Total or Integrated Facilities Management)
- Management of Health and Safety in accordance with employing organisation and client/customer requirements for the facilities management service they are supervising
- Developing relationships in the workplace with colleagues from own employing organisation and with employees of the customer/client to achieve service targets
- Develop and implement risk assessment plans in accordance with the requirements for the facilities management service they are supervising
- Organize and delegate day to day activities of staff to ensure that the facilities management service meets contractual requirements and service targets
- Monitor the costs of the facilities management service to ensure the budget is not exceeded
- Procure supplies for the facilities management service and maintain relationships with suppliers
- Resolve customer service queries and issues in accordance with contractual requirements; monitor customer service issues in order to prevent re-occurrence
- Solve day to day problems to ensure the facilities management service meets its service targets and contractual requirements
- Manage the day to day performance of staff and contribute to their development
- Ensure that resources (materials and equipment) are used efficiently by ensuring correct use in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
- Take responsibility for own development of skills and knowledge
Core Behavioural Competencies
The standard also defines some core behavioural competencies
- Analytical: Systematic in their approach to understanding a problem
- Customer Focused: Considerate of the needs of users and stakeholders
- Collaborative: Able to work as part of a team and with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Effective communicator: Ability to build relationships based on common understanding
- Flexible: Capable of adapting to changing circumstances and expectations
- Honest: Truthful in the dealings with stakeholders
- Methodical: Detailed in the way they go about their work
Career Opportunities & Further Study
Possibility of full-time employment after successful completion of this apprenticeship.
Completing this apprenticeship programme will enable progression into a wide range of senior roles within the Facilities Management area roles such as a Facilities Manager, Premises Manager, Energy Services Manager or Contract Manager.
Apprentices will receive up to two years studying membership of the Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (IWFM) and on completion of the apprenticeship will meet the qualifying criteria for Associate Membership of the Institute. Further progress can be made post apprenticeship through the professional membership pathway which ultimately leads to recognition as a Certified Facilities Manager by the IWFM.
Employers will identify entry requirements through selection. Candidates without a level 2 English and Math or GCSEs C/4 will be expected to achieve this standard prior to completion of the apprenticeship.
How To Apply
Use the below link to apply for the above course.