Course Info16 - 19
Mode of study:
City & Guilds
If you have an interest in administration, but not very much experience, then this Intermediate Apprenticeship is ideal for you. It is perfect for someone who pays attention to detail and has a strong sense of responsibility.
The course is designed to meet the needs of current and future employers and will equip you with the skills to effectively handle the day to day administrative tasks in an office environment.
The subjects covered include:
- Communicating in a business environment
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Understanding employer organisations
- Managing personal information and development
You would attend College half a day a week, but a flexible delivery may be available on request. These weekly sessions will give you a chance to network and enjoy group discussions with a variety of learners from a wide range of industries.
Good English and maths skills are essential for success in studying and for future employment prospects and so Croydon College ensures that these skills are developed in all learning opportunities.
It’s also important to have good English and maths qualifications and so all students will study English and maths and work towards an appropriate level and type of qualification including GCSE.
This Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration will give you the chance to learn new skills and gain a top level qualification, while continuing to earn a living.
Just a few of the course highlights include:
- Spending half a day a week in College, with the option of a flexible delivery on request.
- Learning from Staff who have worked within the administrative industry and offer a wide range of knowledge, experience and skills. For example, one staff member previously worked in a high level administrative role for a leading information management services company.
- The chance to boost your CV and win a tablet, by entering the College’s popular competition – Apprentice of the Month! Tutors nominate apprentices who meet the nomination criteria, which include improved overall achievement and high grades.
- Receiving a City & Guilds qualification which is widely recognised both nationally and internationally on successful completion of the course.
- The opportunity to show potential employers that you have excellent training and work experience behind you.
- Careers support in terms of information, advice and guidance during and after the programme, from our dedicated apprenticeship team.
- Great earning potential – research shows that apprentices earn, on average, over £100,000 more throughout their career than other employees (NAS, 2013).
- Strong work skills – a Department for Business, Innovation and Skills survey showed that qualified apprentices score 4% higher on employability than university graduates (ICM Survey, 2013).
Career Opportunities & Further Study
This programme can lead to careers as an Administration Officer/Executive, Administration Team Leader/Office Supervisor, Personal Assistant, Secretary, Legal secretary, Medical secretary. Former students are working in these or similar roles in organisations including Croydon Council, Croydon University Hospital and Croydon College.
Some previous apprentices on this programme have gone on to combine full-time work with a Level 3 Team Leader / Supervisor Apprenticeship Programme or 5 Operations/Departmental Manager Apprenticeship Programme.
This Advanced Apprenticeship qualification has five mandatory units, three of which are assessed via multiple choice on-line exams. Other units are assessed using a variety of methods such as discussion, answering questions and observation in the workplace.
Workplace assessments are always planned in advance so the apprentice will be aware of the areas being assessed.
If you are interested in this apprenticeship please register your details via our Apprenticeship registration system.
You will then be able to apply for the many Apprenticeship vacancies we have available.
How To Apply
Use the below link to apply for the above course.