Mode of study:
City & Guilds
This Apprenticeship is designed to boost your knowledge of plumbing areas such as domestic hot and cold water systems, central heating systems, sanitation systems, environmental technologies and gas safety. The course will also enable you to effectively apply your knowledge in the workplace.
This Advanced Apprenticeship is ideal if you are working in the plumbing and heating trade, have good technical skills and knowledge and can work with minimal supervision. It’s also important that you have a good record of safety, fault correction and working to the required standard.
Topics covered include:
- · Understanding and applying domestic hot and cold water system installation, commissioning, service and maintenance techniques
- · Understanding how to organise resources within building services engineering
- · Understanding and applying domestic sanitation system installation, commissioning, service and maintenance techniques
You will have the opportunity to learn from experienced and like-minded professional trades people who know and speak the language of the construction industry.
Facilities include fully equipped workshops where you can practise pipe bending and soldering to City & Guilds standards.
Good English and maths skills are essential for success in studying and for future employment prospects and so Croydon College ensures that these skills are developed in all learning opportunities.
It’s also important to have good English and maths qualifications and so all students will study English and maths and work towards an appropriate level and type of qualification including GCSE.
This Advanced Apprenticeship in Plumbing and Heating will help you secure a work placement through Croydon College (if you don’t have one already) giving you the opportunity to continue earning while learning.
Just a few of the course highlights include:
- · A chance to enter, and win, internal and national competitions.
- · Working with staff who are fully qualified and experienced Plumbers, with extensive gas and engineering experience. For example, one member of staff has used her skills to work for various local councils in London and another ran his own plumbing business for over 20 years. His clients included Thorpe Park, Shepperton Studios, Hounslow Urban Farm and even celebrities such as Sting and Bobby Davro!
- · Our dedicated Apprenticeship Team at the College will support you throughout your training.
- · On completion of the course you’ll receive a prestigious City & Guilds Apprenticeship, which is widely recognised both nationally and internationally.
- · Great earning potential – research shows that apprentices earn, on average, over £100,000 more throughout their career than other employees (NAS, 2013).
- · Work ready – a Department for Business, Innovation and Skills survey showed that qualified apprentices score 4% higher on employability than university graduates (ICM Survey, 2013).
Career Opportunities & Further Study
This Apprenticeship can help you to progress in a wide range of roles within the domestic plumbing and heating sector. For example, you could go on to become a Project Development Manager, or a Senior Skilled Operative.
On completing this Level 3 Apprenticeship, you could progress on to a Level 4 Higher National Certificate (HNC).
This Apprenticeship includes a mix of external online exams, tutor marked exams and workplace based assessments.
A minimum of 4 GCSEs grade C or higher, one being English or maths or a related Level 2 vocational course at Merit or higher (if a Pass grade is achieved GCSE grades and/or functional skills results can also be considered).
English and maths assessed at Level 1 or above.
If you are interested in this apprenticeship please register your details via our Apprenticeship registration system.
You will then be able to apply for the many Apprenticeship vacancies we have available.
How To Apply
Use the below link to apply for the above course.