Hospitality and Catering
Mode of study:
City & Guilds
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high quality service to customers which will be delivered from the workplace, digitally, or through going out into the customer’s own locality. These may be one-off or routine contacts and include dealing with orders, payments, offering advice, guidance and support, meet-and-greet, sales, fixing problems, after care, service recovery or gaining insight through measuring customer satisfaction. You may be the first point of contact and work in any sector or organisation type.
The subjects covered include:
- · Knowing your customers – understand the different needs and priorities of your customers and the best way to manage their expectations, recognising and knowing how to adapt style to be highly effective.
- · Meeting regulations and legislation – know the appropriate legislation and regulatory requirements that affect your business.
- · Product and service knowledge – understand the products or services that are available from your organisation and keep up-to-date.
- · Systems and resources – know how to use systems, equipment and technology to meet the needs of your customers.
You would attend College half a day a week, but a flexible delivery may be available on request. These weekly sessions will give you a chance to network and enjoy group discussions with a variety of learners from a wide range of industries.
Good English and maths skills are essential for success in studying and for future employment prospects and so Croydon College ensures that these skills are developed in all learning opportunities.
It’s also important to have good English and maths qualifications and so all students will study English and maths and work towards an appropriate level and type of qualification including GCSE.
This Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship will give you the chance to learn new skills and gain a top level qualification, while continuing to earn a living.
Just a few of the course highlights include:
- · Spending half a day a week in College, with the option of a flexible delivery on request.
- · Learning from Staff who have worked within the administrative industry and offer a wide range of knowledge, experience and skills. For example, one staff member previously worked in a high level administrative role for a leading information management services company.
- · The chance to boost your CV and win a tablet, by entering the College’s popular competition – Apprentice of the Month! Tutors nominate apprentices who meet the nomination criteria, which include improved overall achievement and high grades.
- · Receiving a City & Guilds qualification which is widely recognised both nationally and internationally on successful completion of the course.
- · The opportunity to show potential employers that you have excellent training and work experience behind you.
- · Careers support in terms of information, advice and guidance during and after the programme, from our dedicated apprenticeship team.
- · Great earning potential – research shows that apprentices earn, on average, over £100,000 more throughout their career than other employees (NAS, 2013).
- · Strong work skills – a Department for Business, Innovation and Skills survey showed that qualified apprentices score 4% higher on employability than university graduates (ICM Survey, 2013).
Career Opportunities & Further Study
Completion of this apprenticeship will lead to eligibility to join the Institute of Customer Service as an Individual member at Professional level.
Some previous apprentices on this programme have gone on to combine full-time work with a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Business and Administration or a Level 3 Team Leader / Supervisor Apprenticeship.
Rigorous ongoing assessment throughout the course aimed toward the learner completing the end-point assessment, which is made up of the following assessment methods:
- · Apprenticeship Showcase
- · Professional Discussion
- · Practical Observation
If you are interested in this apprenticeship please register your details via our Apprenticeship registration system.
You will then be able to apply for the many Apprenticeship vacancies we have available.
How To Apply
Use the below link to apply for the above course.