Catering and Hospitality
Mode of study:
This course is designed to provide the knowledge, understanding and practical skills needed to work in the hospitality sector. This qualification is a pre-requisite for level 1 hospitality or professional cookery qualifications.
This qualification aims to:
• focus on the role and scope of the hospitality industry
• offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge to jumpstart the journey within the industry.
• provide opportunities to acquire a number of practical and technical skills.
The objectives of this qualification are for learners to:
• demonstrate the knowledge, understanding and practical skills needed to work in the hospitality industry.
• develop skills and knowledge in a range of areas relevant to their role, such as:
• the principles of working in a hospitality environment, customer service and how to maintain standers.
• cookery and soring cooked products
• how to conduct customer service in the hospitality industry
• how to communicate effectively with customers
• how to serve food and drink within a hospitality environment.
Career Opportunities & Further Study
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 1 Diploma in Professional Cookery
• Level 1 Diploma in Hospitality
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress into employment or self-employment as a Chief. Other potential roles at this level could include:
• Catering manager
• Fast food manager
• Food & Beverage or Catering
• Catering or restaurant manager
• Pastry Chef
• Kitchen Assistant
Internally assessed and externally quality assured portfolio of evidence.
Interest in chosen course and aspiration to continue the study of English and Mathematics.
A satisfactory reference may also be requested.
How To Apply
Use the below link to apply for the above course.