Hospitality and Catering
Mode of study:
This course is designed to provide the knowledge, understanding and practical skills needed to work in the hospitality sector. This qualification is a pre-requisite for level 1 hospitality or professional cookery qualifications.
This qualification aims to:
• focus on the role and scope of the hospitality industry
• offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge to jumpstart the journey within the industry.
• provide opportunities to acquire a number of practical and technical skills.
The objectives of this qualification are for learners to:
• demonstrate the knowledge, understanding and practical skills needed to work in the hospitality industry.
• develop skills and knowledge in a range of areas relevant to their role, such as:
• the principles of working in a hospitality environment, customer service and how to maintain standers.
• cookery and soring cooked products
• how to conduct customer service in the hospitality industry
• how to communicate effectively with customers
• how to serve food and drink within a hospitality environment.
Career Opportunities & Further Study
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 1 Diploma in Professional Cookery
• Level 1 Diploma in Hospitality
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress into employment or self-employment as a Chief. Other potential roles at this level could include:
• Catering manager
• Fast food manager
• Food & Beverage or Catering
• Catering or restaurant manager
• Pastry Chef
• Kitchen Assistant
Internally assessed and externally quality assured portfolio of evidence.
This qualification is designed for learners who want to work in the hospitality or professional cookery industry. Entry is at the discretion of the College. However, learners should be aged 16 or above to undertake this qualification.
How To Apply
Use the below link to apply for the above course.