Mode of study:
This Level 4 Higher National course aims to provide you with a thorough grounding in engineering principles that can lead you to a range of specialist progression pathways at Level 5. The General Engineering pathway is aimed to equip you with the essential qualities of an engineer, including integrity, regard for cost and sustainability, as they apply to a range of roles and responsibilities within the sector.
This Level 4 Engineering course gives you the flexibility to save time and travelling resources by giving you the ability to learn part of the curriculum online. You will still have access to in-person tutoring and certain units will be delivered in a classroom setting. Typically, you will attend in-class sessions every three weeks.
Students will complete 8 units over the duration of the course. The following core units are designed for online delivery –
- Engineering Design
- Engineering Maths
- Engineering Science, and
- Managing a Professional Engineering Project.
Career Opportunities & Further Study
The Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate provides a solid grounding in engineering, which students can build on should they decide to continue their studies beyond the Certificate stage. It will allow students to continue with existing employment or enter the engineering sector in roles such as an Engineering Maintenance Technician.
Assessments used include a range of work-based projects and written assignments. For example, assessments can include reports, briefing documents, planning documents, design documents, machine operating instructions in the form of a computer program, solutions to engineering problems through discourse and/or calculation, presentations, portfolios and work logbooks.
- A* to C grade and/or 9 to 4 in GCSE Maths (or equivalent) is strongly recommended.
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Engineering
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent)
- Other related Level 3 qualifications
- An Access to Higher Education Diploma awarded by an approved further education institution
- Related work experience
- An international equivalent of the above.
Additionally, applicants must demonstrate English language skills L2 or above.
International applicants must satisfy the minimum English requirements as published on the College website and updated periodically (currently IELTS 6.0 or equivalent with minimum 5.5 in each of the four components).
How To Apply
Use the below link to apply for the above course.