Course InfoHigher Education
Mode of study:
Higher Nationals in Business provide a wide-ranging study of business and are designed for those who wish to pursue or advance their career in business and/ or progress to further study or training. The courses aim to develop professional, self-reflecting individuals who are able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world.
The BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business is aimed that those wanting to continue their education through applied learning. It offers a broad introduction to the subject area through core units in:
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Essentials
- Human Resource Management
- Management and Operations
- Management Accounting
- Managing a Successful Business Project
It also enables the acquisition of skills and experience through units in Entrepreneurship, Small Business Management and Innovation and Commercialisation or Business Law.
Career Opportunities & Further Study
On successful completion of the course you will be able to progress onto the level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management at UCC enter employment/ continue employment or progress into a university degree.
The qualification is assessed entirely by course-work with assessment for one unit set by the awarding body Pearsons.
- BTEC Level 3 qualifications OR a profile of A Level grades, OR an equivalent level qualification.
- Applications are also invited from those without formal qualifications but who have relevant life and/or work experience.
- For those holding a relevant HNC it may be possible to gain entry to Year 2 of a HND. Please contact us to discuss your programme.
- The Pearson Edexcel BTEC Higher National qualifications are accredited on the Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) for learners aged 18 years and over.
- Students for whom English is a second language should have good exam results or a competent background in the English language.
- If you meet the minimum entry requirements (and there are still places available) you will be invited for an interview where you will have the opportunity to find out more about the course and tell us why you are interested in this subject area.
How To Apply
Use the below link to apply for the above course.