Mode of study:
This course is designed to provide the knowledge, understanding and practical skills needed to work as a Gym Instructor in the sport and physical activity sector. This qualification is a pre-requisite for Level 3 Personal Training qualifications.
This qualification aims to:
• focus on the role and scope of a Gym Instructor
• offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge
• provide opportunities to acquire a number of practical and technical skills.
The objectives of this qualification are for learners to:
• demonstrate the knowledge, understanding and practical skills needed to work as a Gym Instructor
• develop skills and knowledge in a range of areas relevant to their role, such as:
• the principles of working in the gym environment, including customer service and how to maintain health, safety and welfare
• anatomy and physiology
• how to conduct consultations and promote the health benefits of physical activity
• how to communicate effectively and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
• how to plan and prepare a gym-based exercise programme.
Career Opportunities & Further Study
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
• Level 2 Awards for Instructing Core Group Exercise (Cycling, Kettlebell Training, Circuit Training, Suspension Training)
• Level 3 Sport and Physical Activity suite
• Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
• Level 3 Diploma in Increasing Participation in Sport and Active Leisure in Community Settings
• Level 3 Diploma in Sport
• Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
• Apprenticeship in Personal Training.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress into employment or self-employment as a Gym Instructor. Other potential roles at this level could include:
• Membership Sales Consultant
• Leisure Industry Sales Assistant
• Sports Coach
• Gym Manager/Owner.
Internally assessed and externally quality assured portfolio of evidence.
This qualification is designed for learners who want to work as a Gym Instructor in the sport and physical activity sector. Entry is at the discretion of the College, however learners should be aged 16 or above to undertake this qualification.
How To Apply
Use the below link to apply for the above course.