Fun and rewarding full time ESOL courses designed to help you improve the communication skills you need to progress in life and work in the UK.
Each course is usually taught over 3 days per week, by a specialist English teacher. Their job is to help you develop the skills you need and make sure you are prepared for assessments and the next steps in your learning.
In addition to fun classes, the course includes plenty of opportunities for you to join in with College life and attend useful employability and cultural events at the College.
The full-time ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) course is for students who are 16-18 years of age and have recently arrived in the UK.
This intensive 3 days per week course will develop your skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking English. As well as studying ESOL you will study maths and ICT. There are numerous Enrichment activities planned by our supportive ESOL specialist to help you reach your full potential.
When you study you get:
- Highly experienced, qualified, specialist teachers
- A welcoming learning environment
- Regular 1:1 meetings with your course tutor
- Excellent progression opportunities to our vast selection of vocational courses
- Excellent ESOL achievement rates
- Opportunity to do Work Experience
Some highlights of the course are:
· Fun classes which use games, music, and role-play to help build your confidence.
· A dedicated tutor who meets with you regularly for individual advice and support.
· Flexible timetabling so that you can fit your studies around child caring duties.
· Brilliant opportunities for making friends from different countries and cultures who, like you, now live in the UK.
Career Opportunities & Further Study
You can progress from one level of our ESOL courses to the next.
After Entry Level 3 you are ready to progress into employment or onto any of the courses offered by the College at Level 1.
Many students from Level 1 go onto higher level courses but continue with their English studies with us at Level 2.
You are assessed weekly with progress charted on a personal plan. When you are ready and able, you can be assessed using practical exams which lead to Award qualifications in Speaking & Listening, Reading or Writing.
There are no formal entry requirements. We test your abilities before you start and place you on the course that best fits the skills you already have.
You must show at the interview that you are committed to full time studies and keen to develop all of your work skills, not just your English.
How To Apply
Use the below link to apply for the above course.