This qualification is designed to increase learners’ knowledge and understanding of mental health and mental well-being. Successful completion of the required units will allow the learner to develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of mental health. It will also support learner progression into relevant employment within the health and social care sector.
It is made up of five mandatory units as follows:
- Understand the role of the mental health care worker
- Understand mental health conditions in context
- Living with a mental health condition
- Mental health conditions and destructive behaviour
- Understanding treatment of mental health conditions
To be eligible for funding:
- You must be aged 19 years or over on 31st August
- Must have lived in the UK or EAA for the last three years.
- You must not already hold a full Level 3 qualification (e.g. four AS Levels or two A Levels etc).
- Learner must not be completing any other funded courses such as an Apprenticeship or any other Distance Learning course
If you do NOT meet the criteria for funding and wish to complete this course you can apply for an Advance Learner Loan. You can check your ability by contacting our Admissions team on: 020 8760 5934 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
|Mode of Study: Distance Learning|
|Duration: 20 weeks|
|Awarding/validation body: NCFE Cache|
- Learn from your own home, in your own time
- Work saves automatically to ensure it’s never lost
- Access to award-winning learning and assessment materials
- One to one Tutor support available
- Achieve a nationally recognised level 3 qualification
- Gain a qualification that is sought after by employers
Career Opportunities & Further Study
Successful completion of this qualification will help with progression into a number of job roles within the health and social care sector. Examples of these could be:
Senior Healthcare Assistant
Mental Health Support Worker
Further Study could include:
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care
You will be assessed throughout your study by a series of assessment questions which are built into the course. Your answers are automatically saved and are available for you to revise and edit at any point before submission. You submit your assessment answers to your Tutor for marking, who will give you feedback on each question.
Although there are no formal entry requirements for the distance learning Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health course, due to the nature and course delivery, all applicants will be required to take an English and Mathematics assessment, regardless of previous qualifications. You must achieve a Level 2 in English and at least Level 1 Mathematics to be accepted on this course.
How To Apply
Use the below link to apply for the above course.