|Mode of Study: Classroom|
|Level: Level 2|
|Duration: September 2022 – December 2022|
|Awarding/validation body: NCFE|
This qualification aims to introduce learners to the use of counselling skills in everyday life and work, and some of the approaches that underpin the use of these skills.
This qualification gives learners the opportunity to investigate the knowledge and skills needed to use counselling skills and engage in a helping interaction appropriately.
This qualification does not qualify learners to practice as a counsellor.
This is a qualification designed for:
- This qualification is useful for anyone who would like to develop their use of counselling skills for use in either work or a personal capacity.
- Transferable skills – ICT, academic writing, working in teams, time management, interview skills, CV development.
- We offer a variety of extra-curricular activities.
- Education Outreach Programme – Employability training workshops with the Ministry of Defence Education Outreach Programme.
- You will have a 121 meeting to review their progression journey with The National Careers Service.
Career Opportunities & Further Study
Upon successful completion of your course you progress onto the Counselling Level 3 course which will start in January 2023.
Successfully achieving the Level 2 and 3 Counselling courses will provide you with an opportunity to progress to Counselling Level 4 at Croydon University Centre.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills, learners are required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Using counselling skills
- Unit 02 Introduction to counselling skills theories
- Unit 03 Diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills
- Unit 04 Counselling skills and personal development
All applicants will be required to take an English and Mathematics BKSB assessment, regardless of previous qualifications. You must achieve a Level 2 in English and a Level 1 in Mathematics to be accepted on this course.
All applicants will be interviewed to ensure that the course is the right choice based on previous educational and work experience. Every student will need to provide at least one satisfactory reference to support their application
How To Apply
Use the below link to apply for the above course.