Health & Social Care
- public services
Mode of study:
minimum of 24 months
High Fields Qualifications
The Overall Purpose of a pharmacy technician is to manage the supply of medicine and devices in the pharmacy as well as assist the pharmacist with advisory services.
Pharmacy technicians manage the supply of medicines and devices in a pharmacy and assist pharmacists with advisory services. The actual work setting will determine the specific areas of activity that the Pharmacy Technician undertakes, but typically their role will include the following
- providing safe and effective pharmacy services
- supply medicines and devices to patients, whether on prescription or over the counter
- achieving the best outcomes through a patient’s medicines
- assemble medicines for prescriptions
- provide information to patients and other healthcare professionals.
- manage areas of medicines supply such as dispensaries
- supervise other pharmacy staff
Career Opportunities & Further Study
Possibility of full-time employment after successful completion of this course.
- Structured programme of learning and assessment
- Compilation of a Record of Achievement which forms the basis of the End Point Assessment Professional Discussion
Entry requirements are set by the employer.
Ideally the apprentice may need to have their Math and English GCSEs C/ 4 and above or Functional skills level 2.
Apprentices without level 2 English and Math’s will need to achieve this level prior to taking the End-Point Assessment
If you are interested in this apprenticeship you can apply on our website by clicking here via the Apprenticeship Vacancies page.
How To Apply
Use the below link to apply for the above course.