Mode of study:
18 – 24 months
Overview of the role
Managing the working environment for an organization’s employees and services within industrial and commercial buildings.
Facilities Management impacts on the vast majority of individuals and organisations across the UK and adds value through a highly skilled workforce creating efficiencies in service delivery and implementation.
This apprenticeship prepares an individual for managing a facilities management service, or a group of services, which can be labelled as ‘hard’ (estate/building management) or soft (catering/cleaning/administration/security).
This apprenticeship prepares an individual for managing a facilities management service, or a group of services, which can be labelled as ‘hard’ (estate/building management) or soft (catering/cleaning/administration/security). All apprentices will be required to supervise others; to understand the contractual requirements and service delivery targets between their employing organisation and the client/customer in order to achieve service targets. The apprentice will have to provide customer service skills and be proactive in finding solutions to problems.
Knowledge & Skills
Full competence for a Facilities Management Supervisor, Facilities Management Administrator, Facilities Management Coordinators will be demonstrated by delivery and understanding of
- Facilities Management within the context of the employing organisation (Hard Facilities Management, Soft Facilities Management, Total or Integrated Facilities Management)
- Management of Health and Safety in accordance with employing organisation and client/customer requirements for the facilities management service they are supervising
- Developing relationships in the workplace with colleagues from own employing organisation and with employees of the customer/client to achieve service targets
- Develop and implement risk assessment plans in accordance with the requirements for the facilities management service they are supervising
- Organize and delegate day to day activities of staff to ensure that the facilities management service meets contractual requirements and service targets
- Monitor the costs of the facilities management service to ensure the budget is not exceeded
- Procure supplies for the facilities management service and maintain relationships with suppliers
- Resolve customer service queries and issues in accordance with contractual requirements; monitor customer service issues in order to prevent re-occurrence
- Solve day to day problems to ensure the facilities management service meets its service targets and contractual requirements
- Manage the day to day performance of staff and contribute to their development
- Ensure that resources (materials and equipment) are used efficiently by ensuring correct use in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
Career Opportunities & Further Study
Possibility of full-time employment after successful completion of your apprenticeship
- Structured programme of learning and assessment
- Compilation of a Record of Achievement which forms the basis of the End Point Assessment Professional Discussion
Individual employers will set the selection criteria for their Apprenticeships
If you are interested in this apprenticeship you can apply on our website by clicking here via the Apprenticeship Vacancies page.
How To Apply
Use the below link to apply for the above course.