Mode of study:
Engineering Operatives are predominantly involved in engineering operations which are key to the success of the Manufacturing and Engineering sector allowing employers to grow their business while developing a work force with the relevant skills and knowledge to enhance the sustain the sector.
Core Behaviours Requirements:
Manufacturing and Engineering organisations require their apprentices to have a set of behaviours that will ensure success both in their role and in the overall company objectives. The required behaviours are:
- Personal responsibility and resilience – Comply with the health and safety guidance and procedures, be disciplined and have a responsible approach to risk, work diligently regardless of how much they are being supervised, accept responsibility for managing time and workload and stay motivated and committed when facing challenges.
- Work effectively in teams – Integrate with the team, support other people, consider implications of their own actions on other people and the business whilst working effectively to get the task completed.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills – An open and honest communicator, communicates clearly using appropriate methods, listen well to others and have a positive and respectful attitude.
- Focus on quality and problem solving – Follow instructions and guidance, demonstrate attention to detail, follow a logical approach to problem solving and seek opportunities to improve quality, speed and efficiency.
- Continuous personal development – Reflect on skills, knowledge and behaviours and seek opportunities to develop, adapt to different situations, environments or technologies and have a positive attitude to feedback and advice.
Career Opportunities & Further Study
Possibility of full -time employment or progression in to a higher level apprenticeship within a similar field.
Assessment is via on and off the job training. Learners will be assessed through:
- Synoptic end-test covering knowledge and skills
- Practical Skills Assessment
Individual employers will set the selection criteria for their Apprenticeships.
If you are interested in this apprenticeship you can apply on our website by clicking here via the Apprenticeship Vacancies page.
How To Apply
Use the below link to apply for the above course.