Mode of study:
The primary role of a Property Maintenance Operative is to optimise property condition and quality and to ensure the building is kept in a safe working condition. Property Maintenance Operatives need to maintain a high level of quality, providing maximum satisfaction to customers, clients, guests and team.
Core Technical Competencies/Skills and Knowledge/ Understanding
A Property Maintenance Operative will use their knowledge and understanding of basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing and decorating to;
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Comply with organisational safety, policies and procedures and identify hazards and reduce them
- Consider safety compliance with a diverse sector of client groups
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of working safely at height
- Carry out repairs to the fabric of a building, for example repairs to walls, doors, doorframes, skirting boards or plaster damage to internal walls
- Understand and maintain plumbing and drainage systems, for example repairs to WC systems, leaking taps or water testing and unblocking drains
- Maintain high levels of water hygiene within a building
- Understand and maintain electrical distribution, safe repair of electrical installation to legal requirements, for example replacing damaged sockets, plugs, lighting and fuses.
- Understand and maintain plant, safety systems and equipment
- Demonstrate and implement energy, environment and sustainable practices
- Understand and maintain grounds and external fabrication of a building, such as drainage and guttering
Career Opportunities & Further Study
Possibility of full-time employment after successful completion of your apprenticeship course.
Typical job roles include : Maintenance Assistant, Property Engineer, Facilities Assistant, Maintenance Engineer
Formative Assessment-( log-book \ portfolio assessment)
Assessment Gateway-(record of achievement )
End Assessment –( Knowledge )
Individual employers will set their selection criteria but the standard includes Math’s and English.
If you are interested in this apprenticeship you can apply on our website by clicking here via the Apprenticeship Vacancies page.
How To Apply
Use the below link to apply for the above course.