Mode of study:
City & Guilds
Electricians install, maintain and repair electrical systems in industrial, commercial and domestic environments. Electricians might work in both indoor and outdoor settings. Electrical equipment and systems may include switchboards, motors, cables, fuses, thermal relays, fault current protection switches, heating, lighting, air conditioning and metering equipment as well as crime and fire alarm systems and renewable energy technologies. They are able to work on their own proficiently and work without immediate supervision in the most efficient and economical manner.
Job roles include: install, maintain and repair electrical systems in industrial, commercial and domestic environments.
The delivery of this course includes one day per week at Croydon College.
- Understand and apply the principles, practices and legislation or the termination and connection of conductors, cables and cords in electrical systems
- Understand and apply the practices and procedures for the preparation and installation of wiring systems and electro technical equipment in buildings, structures and the environment
- Oversee and organise the work environment
- Work reliably and effectively without close supervision
- Accept allocate and supervise technical and other tasks
- Use oral, written and electronic methods for the communication of technical and other information
- Work effectively with colleagues, other trades, clients, suppliers and the public
Career Opportunities & Further Study
This course can lead onto full time employment of Site Supervisor Level 4.
Assessment is via:
- Portfolio of evidence + Practical Assignment
- End Point Assessment – AM2 test
A-C/9-4 GCSE Maths and English or Functional Skills Level 2.
If you are interested in this apprenticeship you can apply on our website by clicking here via the Apprenticeship Vacancies page.
How To Apply
Use the below link to apply for the above course.