Mode of study:
This apprenticeship could see you working for a construction company or housing association completing maintenance work. So if you have an eye for detail and have excellent practical skills then this could be the apprenticeship for you. As part of this apprenticeship you will be measuring surface areas to work out how much paint or wall covering is required, stripping off old wallpaper, filling holes and cracks, levelling surfaces, preparing surfaces with primer and undercoat and mixing paint to the right shade.
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or ‘competence’) qualification:
- NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing and Industrial Painting Occupations – Industrial Painter (Construction)
- NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing and Industrial Painting Occupations (Construction)
- NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing and Painting Occupations – Painter (Construction)
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or ‘knowledge’) qualification:
- Diploma in Construction Occupations
- Diploma in Painting and Decorating
- Diploma in Painting and Decorating (Construction)
- Extended Diploma in Painting and Decorating
Career Opportunities & Further Study
Possibility of long-term employment after successful completion of this apprenticeship.
Assessment is via on and off the job training. Learners will be assessed through:
- Synoptic end-test covering knowledge and skills
- Practical Skills Assessment
Individual employers will set the selection criteria for their Apprenticeships.
How To Apply
Use the below link to apply for the above course.