- functional skills
- health and social care
Mode of study:
Access Level 2 with Functional Skills – Level 2 Extended Certificate in Skills for Progression in Health and Social Care.
This is a qualification designed for:
- Adults who are interested in nursing or social work as a professional career.
Access Level 2 is a well-established progression pathway onto the HE Diploma at Level 3, and the course consists of:
- Students will study Digital Skills at Level 1
- Functional Skills English at Level 2 and Functional Skills Maths at Level 1
- OCN London Skills for Progression in Health and Social Care modules
Students must be completely committed to hard work and are required to maintain full attendance (100%) throughout the course.
- The Access Level 2 course is delivered over two or three days.
Good English and maths skills are essential for success in studying and for future employment prospects and so Croydon College ensures that these skills are developed in all learning opportunities.
We offer fantastic extra-curricular activities such as Macmillan fundraising and walking for health at Macmillan Resource Centre at Croydon University Hospital and many more volunteering opportunities to support your Personal Statement and CV.
Other opportunities include:
- Education Outreach Programme – Employability training workshops with the Ministry of Defence Education Outreach Programme. At least eight successful Access level 2 students will be invited to attend the Ministry of Defence awards celebration in Whitehall.
- Students can participate in HIV Awareness Days and encourage people to get tested for HIV.
- Students will have the opportunity to review their progression journey with The National Careers Service.
One-to-one appointments with your tutor are a regular part of the course where there is opportunity to discuss your progress.
Career Opportunities & Further Study
Internal progression to Access Level 3 upon successful completion of all Level 2 units at the Croydon College, progressing towards their career goals in friendly and familiar surroundings.
You will be assessed throughout this course using a variety of assessment methods including assignments, role plays, case studies, presentations, leaflets, and projects. You will produce both individual and group work.
Your English and maths will be formally assessed with an external examination at the end of the academic year.
All applicants will be required to take an English and Mathematics assessment, regardless of previous qualifications. You must achieve a Level 1 in English and an Entry 3 in Mathematics to be accepted on this course.
All applicants will be interviewed to ensure that the course is the right choice based on previous educational and work experience.
There may be financial support to help with childcare. Please check with Student Services.
How To Apply
Use the below link to apply for the above course.