Mode of study:
Access to HE Diplomas are well established, national qualifications which allow students, without traditional Level 3 qualifications, to apply for degree courses and enter university.
Our Access to Business and Law course courses are designed to provide the underpinning knowledge and skills needed to progress to a degree or diploma course in higher education. These courses enable adults who do not have the necessary level 3 qualifications (such as ‘A’ levels) required to enter higher education to acquire the Access to HE Diploma, which is equivalent in standard to these qualifications.
This is a qualification designed for:
- adults with a current or previous role or interest in business and/or law;
- adults seeking a change of direction because of unemployment or lack of career opportunities in their previous field and who have a demonstrable interest in entering a business and/or law related profession.
Access to Business and Law is an intensive study programme; you must be completely committed to hard work and are required to maintain full attendance 100%, throughout the course.
Good English and Maths skills are essential for success in studying and for future employment prospects therefore, Croydon College ensures that these skills are developed in all learning opportunities.
Academic and tutorial support is given throughout the course, and you’ll receive help and advice with your university application throughout the UCAS process.
Students attend a two-day programme from 10am – 17.00pm on a Tuesday and Thursday.
The course will help you to develop the essential academic skills of critical thinking, evaluation and analysis. All of which will prepare you for independent study at university
Career Opportunities & Further Study
Learners primarily progress to Higher Education study in areas related to Business and Law. These may include some of the following areas of Degree level study: Business and Law, Business Studies, Marketing, LLB, LLB Business Law and Business Management and Law.
In addition, internal progression to BA (Hons) Business or BA (Hons) Business & Management and BA (Hons) Law & Criminology degree at the Croydon’s University Centre, progressing towards their career goals in friendly and familiar surroundings.
On this course you will develop your knowledge of the theory, principles, and practices of law and business-related industries.
Class tutors will use a variety of assessment methods: portfolio, presentations and controlled assessments.
The Access to Business and Law course are delivered over two days.
Class tutors will use a variety of assessment methods: formal reports, presentations, written assessments, in-class and practice assessments under controlled conditions, exams, case studies and reflective statements.
All applicants will be required to take an English and Mathematics paper-based assessment, regardless of previous qualifications.
- Candidates are required to have GCSE English Language grade C/4 and GCSE maths at a minimum grade D/3 OR Functional Skills English at Level 2 and Maths at Level 1 or equivalent overseas academic qualifications to be accepted on this course.
- A satisfactory reference must be received.
- You will need to sit an assessment and depending on your results, you could study at least one Level 2 Functional Skills course alongside Access. This option is intensive, so you’ll need to be committed to studying the extra hours.
Universities are increasingly asking for GCSEs or Functional Skills (Level 2) as part of their entry criteria please note that it is the responsibility of the student to ensure their current and future qualifications comply with the entry requirements of any university to which they intend to progress.
All applicants will be interviewed to ensure that the course is the right choice based on previous educational and work experience.
You need to have evidence that you meet general discretionary Learner Support Funds or 19+ Advanced Learning Loan bursary fund criteria.
- Check if you’re eligible(link here to https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/eligibility) before you apply for an Advanced Learner Loan.
- Apply for the Advanced Learner Loan (Click here to go to https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login?_locale=en_GB&service=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.student-finance.service.gov.uk%2Fcustomer%2Fhome%2Fpages)
- Contact Student Finance – Click here link (https://www.gov.uk/contact-student-finance-england)
Repaying your loan:
Access to Higher Education (HE) course: Student Finance England will ‘write off’ any outstanding Advanced Learner Loan balances you owe for an Access to HE course once you complete a higher education course. This means you do not have to repay it.
How To Apply
Use the below link to apply for the above course.