The End of Life Level 3 course will provide learners with in-depth knowledge and understanding of end of life care. As a learner, you will explore common questions and themes associated with end of life care, as well learning about a range of possible approaches to support individuals at this time in their life. This qualification will provide you with information on how to support a person’s spiritual, social and emotional needs and will prepare you to confront issues of death and bereavement within your role.
The course is made up of five manageable units:
- Understanding end of life care
- Communication during end of life care
- Assessment and care planning in end of life care
- Person-centred approaches to end of life care
- Care during the final hours of life and bereavement care
Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
|Mode of Study: Distance Learning|
|Duration: 20 weeks|
|Awarding/validation body: NCFE Cache|
- Learn from your own home, in your own time
- Work saves automatically to ensure it’s never lost
- Access to award-winning learning and assessment materials
- One to one Tutor support available
- Achieve a nationally recognised level 3 qualification
- Gain a qualification that is sought after by employers
To be eligible for funding:
You must be aged 19 years or over on 31st August
- Must have lived in the UK or EAA for the last three years.
- You must not already hold a full Level 3 qualification (e.g. four AS Levels or two A Levels etc).
- Learner must not be completing any other funded courses such as an Apprenticeship or any other Distance Learning course
If you do NOT meet the criteria for funding and wish to complete this course you can apply for an Advance Learner Loan. You can check your ability by contacting our Admissions team on: 020 8760 5934 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Career Opportunities & Further Study
Successful completion of this qualification will help to support progression into and within a number of job roles within the health and social care sector. Examples of these could be:
Personal Care Assistant
Senior Healthcare Assistant
Palliative Care Assistant
Further study could include:
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
You will be assessed throughout your study by a series of assessment questions which are built into the course. Your answers are automatically saved and are available for you to revise and edit at any point before submission. You submit your assessment answers to your Tutor for marking, who will give you feedback on each question.
Although there are no formal entry requirements for the distance learning Level 3 Certificate in The Principle of End of Life Care course, due to the nature and course delivery, all applicants will be required to take an English and Mathematics assessment, regardless of previous qualifications. You must achieve a Level 2 in English and at least Level 1 Mathematics to be accepted on this course.
How To Apply
Use the below link to apply for the above course.