Are you looking for flexible learning? Then our new range of distance learning courses are perfect for you. Our distance learning courses allow the flexibility of learning from your own home, workplace or even on the go. These courses lead to recognised qualifications and are available throughout the year, enabling you to choose when you wish to study and allow you to study at your own pace. You will be supported by trained and experienced tutors who will mark and assess your work through our e-learning platform
These courses are perfect if you wish to learn new skills, develop in your professional role or enjoy learning! We would particularly encourage employers to consider these courses to up skill the workforce too. You can view and apply for all the courses by clicking here or apply directly on our website.
There are no specific entry requirements for level 1 and 2; however, learners should have a minimum of level one in literacy or equivalent. For level 3 courses, learners are expected to hold a related level 2 qualification. All learners must successfully complete an induction booklet. Some courses may also require you to be working in a relatable role for witness testimonies.
Our Level 1 and 2 distance learning courses are free if eligible for government funding if you meet the following criteria:
- Must be aged 19 and over as of 31/08/19
- If aged 19-23, you must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above (five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C/9-4, two or three AS Levels, one A Level, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2). If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
- A resident in the UK for the last 3 years
- Not enrolled in any other distance learning course with us
Please note that if a learner withdraws before completing the course they may be charged a £100 admin fee.
Our Level 3 courses can be funded by advanced learner loans or by making full cost payments
These qualifications are assessed by internally set and marked online assessments and are subject to external quality assurance. There are opportunities to re-complete any questions or assessments which may be referred.
Each individual qualification also requires the successful completion of an Induction Booklet within 4 weeks of starting the programme. This provides you with an introduction to distance learning and also provides an additional qualification.
Each qualification is designed for learners to progress onto further study or prepare them for careers in chosen sectors. Learners are encouraged to progress to the next level or a different subject of study after finishing their programme.
For more details about our courses and the learning aims, please click here.
Childcare and Education
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Bullying in Children and Young People
- Level 2 Certificate in Behaviour that Challenges in Children
- Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism (coming soon)
- Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning in schools (coming soon)
Business, Leadership and Management
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Team Leading
- Level 2 Certificate in IT User Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles for Digital Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance
Health and Social Care
- Level 1 Award in Mental Health Awareness
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition & Health
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Dignity & Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health (coming soon)
Retail and Hospitality
- Level 2 Certificate in Cleaning Knowledge and Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Retail Operations
- Level 2 Certificate in Behaviour that Challenges
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service (coming soon)
If you would like to find out some more information on our distance learning courses please contact the Distance Learning Team via:
Telephone: 020 8686 5700 ext 3579